SUNDAY 9th NOVEMBER 2008

Recording: 'Time' (SI on take 1)
Recording: 'In the flesh ?' (SI on take 1)
Recording: 'The thin ice' (SI on take 1)
Recording: 'The happiest days of our lives' (SI on take 1)
Recording: 'Another brick in the wall - part 2' (SI on take 1)'

Recording: 'Mother' (SI on take 1)
Recording: 'Empty spaces ' (take 1)
Recording: 'Young lust' (take 1)
Recording: 'One of my turns' (SI on take 2)
Recording:
'Don't leave me now' (take 1)

Recording: 'Another brick in the wall - part 3' (take 1)
Recording: 'Hey you' (take 1)
Recording: 'Bring the boys back home' (take 1)
Recording: 'In the flesh' (SI on take 1)
Recording: 'Run like hell' (take 1)
Recording: 'Waiting for the worms' (take 1)
France 3 basement - 07:30-09:30 - P: Dude.

I must be out of my mind.
This Sunday morning, instead of staying in bed, I deliberatly woke up at 6 in the morning, in order to go to my workplace to record some drums for my "Wall" project, before my scheduled day of work. In two hours I managed to do something like 15 or 16 songs ! So not only did this session allowed me to go forward with this project, but it was also a nice warm-up for the Sismeringa session of November 23. I can now safely state that I'm quite confident about my ability to record some drums that day. And for the first time in my life, I tried to do a proper drum recording (i.e. with more than one mike). I used... three mikes :) I put one into the bass drum, one behind me pointing to the space between the bass drum and the snare, and one overhead slightly strafed, in order to get a kind of a stereo picture.

Once I got the gear installed and ready (which was ridculously fast - how powerful one can be when he decides to do something...), I dived into recording and drumming mode, and did all those songs in a row, mostly in one take each. After all that, I felt quite dizzy and tired. I wonder how I'll feel after the 12 hour session of November 23.

No comments: