MONDAY 10th NOVEMBER 2008

Recording: 'Time' (SI on take 1)
Recording: 'The thin ice' (SI on take 1)
Recording: 'One of my turns' (SI on take 2)
Recording: 'In the flesh ?' (SI on take 1)
Recording: 'In the flesh' (SI on take 1)
Recording: 'Mother' (SI on take 1)
Recording: 'The trial' (take 1)
Bag end studio - 10:00-17:00 - P: Dude.


Now it was time to exploit all the drumwork of the previous day. So I started by lying down the bass for 'Time', alone with one guitar (the one that's supposed to play Rick Wright's part). And then I did the bass for 'The thin ice'. Then I needed to warm my voice up, so I did the first part of 'One of my turns', and then the choirs for the two 'In the flesh'. I then did the choir for 'Time' and then all the vocals. I then switched to 'Mother' which got its piano track. Mixing is going to be hazardous because I found out the piano was in 442, while all my guitars are 440 ! Please note that this is the first time in my life that I do a complete song with piano added AFTER the other instruments, on the same track.
And while I was at the piano, I did 'The trial', and after that I also did all the vocals for that one. As I said to Yann: a very constructive day of recording. I finished this part of work by adding the two loud sentences in the vocal part of 'Mother'.
And guess what ? More are on the way this week :)

No comments: